Sunday, May 18, 2008

Getting back to it

I have been working since my last post on my photography. I went to the camera store to buy filters and get some help regarding software for my photos. On my walks with Sam, the dog I carried my camera and shot photos of the neighborhood where I work. There are beautiful plants blooming this time of year. I downloaded some trial versions of Photoshop Elements and created my first digital page. Not bad for not having a clue as to what all the buttons were for!

The picture was taken with two dear friends at J's Tapas where a band I support plays one Friday a month. Champagne Sunday is their name and their second album is due in late June, early July. In actuality it is Arla's daughters band. Her name is Jessi and when I grow up I want to be just like her! She is full of life and knows what she wants and is working her butt off to get it. I wanted to take some photos to put up on their website under "Friends and Family" I hope to get them digitally created and sent to them to publish on their site.

I consider my husband and zoo of critters to be my family and I am particular about my friends. There was a recent episode of "Greys Anatomy" where the brilliant Dr. Hahn says to her friend Callie "I don't make friends easily". She make this statement not once, but twice emphasizing that it takes a lot for her to put herself out there. I thought that scene was written for me! I consider myself to be a good person, somewhat selfish but always willing to lend a hand. I have been used and abused when it comes to friendships, but I have learned a lot about who I am and what I can be because of those relationships. I don't feel that I "fit in" anywhere but home and rather as an outcast looking in. Even with Arla and Rica, both are beautiful women who can sing and have talent just oozing from their pores! I am again the old fat chick who is along for the ride, the third wheel keeping everyone safe and sound. My saving grace again is my angel of a husband Brendan. He keeps me grounded and allows me to be the one thing I am always afraid of being - ME. I don't tell him enough but I love you Brendan....

No comments: