Monday, May 19, 2008

One down 4 to go!

Well it's Monday! The day started off with the alarm going off and hour early. OK, first of all I am not a morning person. I don't jump out of bed with a "Whoo hoo" attitude! It is more like the comic strip Garfield where he hates Mondays and is not a morning person. I would consider myself a lot like Garfield! A cat who loves to nap!

Work was good. I like working for this company as the last one was really "hell on earth"! I had a boss who spent his days playing backgammon and connect 4 while screaming obscenities out of his office at his employees! Think Jabba the Hut and you now know what he looks like. This job is good. My boss is a really sweet woman, kinda keeps to herself somewhat. I am never really quite sure what is going on with her and I don't want to pry but I lend whatever support I can, when I can. I am not in charge for once and that is different in itself. I do what I do and quite well I would say. My jobs I have always been the "go to" person. That is both good and bad I guess. But I am not taking on as much with this job. Maybe it's my age or I don't want to overstep my bounds. I get to take Sam with me. He is well loved and spoiled rotten by everyone but the mailman! He hates Sam and I think the feeling is mutual. Sam knows when people want to get to know him and the mailman is rude and always in a hurry. The Fed Ex guy brings him doggies treats, the Sparklets guy sat on the floor to get to know him and the Dentist next door thinks hes great as well. Sam is a rescue dog, one who was abused and frightened. He has come a very long way but still needs lots of love. He waits for Amy and is upset if she is late. He wanders down the hall looking for her and pouts until she comes in! Sam = 1 spoiled dog!

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid but he is like having a child. I didn't consider myself much of a dog person but have learned I guess I am. He keeps me company and he now loves riding in the car and of course going to work with me each day. I get up and if Brendan is home, Sam will snuggle with Brendan until I head to the other bathroom to put on my makeup. At that point, Sam bolts for the door afraid I won't take him with me. He rides in the seat behind me and stares out the window. So far he is not a wind in his face kinda dog. He loves going to work with me, sleeping next to my desk til his 10:30 am walk. I get some much needed exercise and fresh air. Sam gets to pee all through the neighborhood and upset the other dogs! I feed him around noon, then its nap time until 2:30 when Amy takes him for his afternoon walk. He wanders down the hall to remind her that its time to go! We have been practicing walking to and from the car without the leash and so far he has done really well.

Came home to water leaking from the ceiling. A small pinhole in a pipe but enough to scare the crap out of me envisioning the bathtub falling through the ceiling into the kitchen. Called Brendan in a panic and luckily he was just pulling in. I have no idea how long the leak has been going on, but like I said "It's a Monday!"

No comments: