Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Still Alive - Barely!

Well, I am battling a stomach bug of some kind. I have had this thing since Friday night and I feel lousy. When I am sick, I dream strange dreams. I had a dream that it was Easter and Jessi got arrested by a cop who said she had a DUI she didn't pay and proceeded to handcuff her to take her to jail and I sat there crying! First, Where Easter came in to the picture I have no idea. Why a cop would arrest Jessi in cuffs and finally why would I be crying hysterically. Dreams are funny things. Mine get bizarre when my body chemistry is off. Second, I find things very difficult and I can cry at the drop of a hat for no real reason. I am not a overly emotional person but when I am sick the stupidest things make me cry. I was playing Pogo (Online Game Central) and I was working for a badge in Spades. It was 2 games of 1000 points. I had 996 points and went to 700 in less than 2 minutes. I cried like the world was ending. The animals thought I was off my rocker and just stared at me quizzically. The strange thing was I KNEW it was no big deal but cried anyway. I have been living on Campbell's chicken noodle soup and crackers. I felt the worst yesterday. Today I managed a shower and held up fairly well at work. Yesterday I sat in my office and didn't move. (Except for the bathroom runs- pun most definitely intended!) I have nothing left in my system to donate! No chills today, but fatigued and dehydrated. This too shall pass but til it does, I feel awful and being sick really sucks.

I figure, no one reads this blog but me because I have not one comment on this thing! I continue anyway. I did post a picture of me which is actually a first. I took the photo in the car while waiting for Brendan at the Post Office to go to the fair. I love having my photo taken, but when I see how old I am and how my double chins look like my accessory choice of the day, I find I really don't like the way I look. Or rather what MY INNER VISION of myself is. Not sure exactly what it is, but not the old chick in the photo! I am practical about what I look like - it doesn't come out on film that way. So any hoo, I posted a picture that I could put up with. My self portrait. I have good lips and my eyes aren't bad. What the hell, its me!

No comments: