Wednesday, December 31, 2008

To the curb 2008!

Well, I figured I should post something as this is the last few hours of 2008. It has been a strange year to say the least. I am actually happy to see 08 hit the road! I think back over the course of this year and mostly feel loss. I changed jobs in February (to one of the best things in 08) but have lost touch with really amazing women who I worked with. I have had my fair share of death this year. Max in late June, Murray in early July and Lucky in November all were hard on the heart to be sure. Loss of pay and having less money than ever before has been difficult. Brendan works 2 jobs and sometimes 75-80 hours a week to keep us with a roof over our head. Gas prices thru the roof and the cost of everything skyrocketing, some days I wonder how we pull it all together.

Not all things were bad in 2008. I work with an amazing person Amy who I am very lucky to call my friend, who puts up with me each and every day. I get to take Sam the wonder dog to work and he LOVES Mondays! UGH! I have new friends like Sara, Doc and Carmen and of course Jessi and Jared who are playing this evening (I love you guys- I really do!). I have been sick and decided to sit this one out! I like my job working for a medical billing company. I have my own office with a purple wall! I knew that was my place! We took a Solvang run and I was very blessed to meet two fabulous actors and wonderful people - Michael Emerson and his beautiful wife, Carrie Preston at an opening of a heart warming film called "Ready? OK!". I fulfilled my wish to take belly dancing (which is harder than it looks!). I added to the brood with Emmy, Benjamin and Henry. They add new life to the house and new memories.

So here I sit with Sam and Anderson Cooper and will ring in 2009 at home. I am looking forward to 2009 and the opportunities it holds. I hope to take advantage of each and every one of them and make 09 all about "finding your bliss". I hope you all find yours in 09!

Happy New Year!

No comments: